Mac Mini Configuration Hell

Well, apparently, I am one of a bright-eyed few who fairly jumped at the chance to throw linux on a Mini. I threw Ubuntu on it. I can't get the sound to work out. From what I have gathered, there are only a few driver options available for PPC systems in the first place, and those may not work with Apple's Intrepid sound setup at all in the mini. I have been going blind for days now trying to find/reason out/accost my local LUG for. a solution that doesn't involve rubbing two sticks together and chanting over a straw stuffed effigy of Steve Jobs sitting in front of my Richard Stallman shrine. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.