Re: Hibernate pbbuttonsd

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:29:15 -0600
jjbenham@chicagoguitar.com (Jeremiah Benham) wrote:

> Is there a way to have pbbuttonsd launch hibernate when I hit the
> power button?

yes.

Since version 0.6.5 pbbuttonsd supports more suspend modes which can
be configured independently for AC and battery operation. The options
are called:

onAC_TimerAction  = none  ; none, suspend-to-ram, suspend-to-disk, blankscreen
onAC_CoverAction = suspend-to-ram
onAC_KeyAction     = suspend-to-ram ; SleepKey

same options exist for onBattery_<>. See man pbbuttonsd.conf for full
details. If you set onXX_KeyAction = suspend-to-disk a script is called
each time you press the sleepkey. All you have to do is to place a
pmcs-script into /etc/power/event.d which then calls your hibernate script.
The hibernate script is not expected to return.

This feature is not fully tested because my machine was not prepared to
use suspend-to-disk. Some weeks ago I reconfigured my system so that
suspend-to-disk might be possible but until now I haven't set it up. So I am
very interested in your experiences and results. Especially how pbbuttonsd
reacts after wakeup from hibernation.

 Best Regards
    Matthias