Re: wxgtk packages missing (and weird?) on PPC?

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:13:12PM +0000, Lee Braiden wrote:
> > > Interestingly, apt-cache show libwxgtk2.5-dev exits without printing
> > > ANYTHING. Is that normal?
> >
> > No.
>
> Hmm... doesn't matter much, but do you mean no in the sense that it's
> unrelated but looks broken?  Or do you mean no in the sense that it shouldn't
> happen, but does under these circumstances?

It's unrelated to wxwidgets, but IMHO broken or at least not very pretty.
It should either show the package if it's available or else give an
warning/error that the package can't be found or is not available. Well, I
looked if a bug was filed about this and I found a related one:

So this seems to be wanted like that and not a bug. Out of curiosity, what
does 'apt-cache showpkg libwxgtk2.5-dev' output? (My ppc machine is out
for repair atm).

Johannes
--
 3. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.