Re: xterm problem on my powerbook

On 2005-03-08 00:02:20 +0000, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Is there any known reason why "XTerm*eightBitInput: false" works on
> i386 but not on powerpc?

This is due to the CS8 passed to ioctl (this is what I sent to
Thomas Dickey in January 2002). Thomas replied concerning this
point:

  perhaps I should add cs7 and cs8 to the table used for ttyModes
  resource (the problem with CS8 is a bug in your platform, but it
  would be nice to make that feature controllable)

BTW, I had the same problem under OSF (Alpha).