Re: Setup soft modem on PowerBook G4 12" Al?

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 10:22 +0000, Mark Ferry wrote:
> Hi all
>
> GONG Jie wrote:
> > Hi, folks
> >
> > Is there someone setup the soft mnodem on PowerBook G4 Al
> > successfully?  Or maybe I miss something?
> >

> The softmodem in the Albook G4 15" is on the i2c bus and not USB at all.
> The 12" probably uses the same softmodem.
> Linuxant drivers don't support i2c.
>
> regards
>    Mark

This guy over at
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php
managed to get the softmodem working with the Powerbook 12". They might
have changed modems between revisions of the Powerbook (he's using a
first gen 12") but I think that is unlikely.

Regards,
Wee-Jin