Re: State of ibook G4 sleep support in 2.6.11?

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 17:12 +0100, steinm wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:44:25PM +0100, steinm wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:21:19PM +0000, Des Johnston wrote:
> > >
> > > What state is the iBook G4 sleep support in for
> > > the latest and greatest (vanilla) 2.6.11 kernel?
> > Works, though I have occasional crashes which may not be related
> > to the sleep support.
> Forgot to mention that there issues with some usb devices like my
> DLink DWL 122 and the linux-wlan-ng modules. If it is pluged in
> and the ibook is send to sleep it crashes. Unpluging the stick
> and unloading the modules before going to sleep seems to fix it.

You should not need to unload the modules. In fact, it's a bad idea to
unload the USB controller modules since they are part of the sleep
process. Just unplug the stuff. The USB problems will hopefully be fixed
one day, I'm having a hard time getting that right with the USB folks.

Ben.