Re: disabling DRC range

Moritz Armingeon wrote:
On 18:15 Mon 28 Feb     , Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:07:53PM +0100, Moritz Armingeon wrote:

I think you have to disable/turn up the DRC mixer.

How could DRC range be disabled?

I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant to *mute* the DRC mixer which
sort-of disables DRC, or at least makes the "DRC Range" mixer unnecassry. I
can't prove better information to you, maybe someone else may...

There will be a check box along with a range control slider inside your mixer (i.e.
gnome-alsamixer). The gnome-volume control doesn't seem to have this option (at least here
on my machine). I'm not sure all sound cards have this feature. A few have posted stating
they didn't see this on newer models of powerbooks.

	- Albert Einstein