Printer setup CUPS/Netatalk?

Hi all-

Somewhat of a newbie question about setting up CUPS to run with my Linux
Pismo:

I've got an HP LaserJet 2100TN running on a network with an OSX Panther
iBook and the Pismo with Linux Woody.  On the OSX machine, I've got
emacs (under Apple's X11) configured so it prints fine.

On the Linux Pismo, I downloaded cupsys and installed.  Skipped the
foomatic stuff and put the 2100 series PPD I got from linuxprinting.org
in /etc/cups/ppd.

Connected to CUPS via the web interface (w/Lynx) and here's my question:

When I get to "configure printer", I'm asked about protocol via a drop
down menu and PAP isn't listed as a choice.

My netatalk seems to work fine: I can mount the Linux Pismo on my
Panther Dekstop, for example, and I can do papstatus and get "idle"
back...

So what do I need to do to get the CUPS web interface to recogize PAP
choices, Or should I just use the command line and forget about the web?

A related question:  I went through the "modify printer" sequence via
the web interface on the OSX machine and noticed that the 2100 series
PPD isn't a selection.  Should I copy it across to the OSX machine or
just let well enough alone?

Thanks,

Charles Turner

<vze26m98@optonline.net>