Re: New powerbooks support status

El jue, 24-02-2005 a las 15:51 +0100, Sven Luther escribió:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:27:01AM +0100, Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot wrote:
> > Hi list:
> >
> > I've to install Debian in one of the new pbooks (12", 1.5Ghz, 80Gb...)
> > and I've almost done it.
> >
> > I've found two non-working (and expected to work) hardware components:
> >
> > 1) touchpad: it seems its a new usb device (not adb anymore). My problem

> Ah, fun, i guess an external mouse will work though. Not sure maybe there is
> some kernel driver level stuff missing here, as it should be /dev/input/mice.

Sure, it's the only way I can use a mouse now :)

> > 2) sound: at boot time it seems to recognize a sound card, loads the
> > corresponding alsa drivers (exactly the same drivers that work superb

> Maybe these new machines share the new sound that the minimac has ?

Probably, don't know.

And I've just discovered a third issue:

3) CPU: I can't use cpufreq, /proc/cpuinfo says:

processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 1499MHz
revision        : 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)
bogomips        : 747.52
machine         : PowerBook6,8
motherboard     : PowerBook6,8 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (Unknown Intrepid-based)
pmac flags      : 00000008
L2 cache        : 512K unified

Hope this will be updated soon in the kernel, meanwhile we have a 750Mhz
G4 :(

A. Corbi