Re: Kernel 2.6.*: vlock breaks sleep button?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:26:03 +0100
Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks, but no: I don't understand anything of the code in the
> sources:

Sorry to hear that.

> So I'll mess with stuff I understand, and keep my hands off the rest
> of it .. And, yes, I also didn't quite get so far on how to adjust
> some new script safely to the scripts already being in /etc/power/ ...
>
> So I'll simply wait and hope that the kernel folks working for IBM,
> RedHat etc. will fix the problem that results from the new feature
> with the extra console for sleep mode:

That is also a solution ;-)

> This bug will be rather annoying in production environments where
> people would leave for some period of time their office chairs,
> vlocking their computers, and trying to get the machine into sleep
> mode -- wondering that it doesn't work as it did in 2.4 ... :)
>
> 3 months, or sooner, and this bug will be fixed. I'd bet ... :)
> Or that's what I'd hope at least ... :)
>
> PS: With Google I could not find the thread mentioned above: Did you?

It is a personal thread from a pbbuttonsd user to me. He also wanted to
lock all consoles and put the machine to sleep and run into the same
pitfall as you did. I doesn't use vlock myself to I'm sorry that I can't
help you further.

  Best Regards
    Matthias