Re: G3 installation problems

thank you for the links....unfortunately, the G3 is running Mac OS 8.5,
which comes with a very old version of Stuffit.  When i try to
'unstuff' BootX, i get a corrupt archive error.  When i try to upgrade
Stuffit with version 7.0.3, I get an error stating that i need to be
running OS 8.6 or higher  (!!!)  I have tried another method, using
MKLinux booter, but the install always hangs on

'will enter kernel after relocating ourselves....'

I will try the 'sarge' method later today and see if I have any
luck....does anyone have any ideas that might speed me along?