Re: icons missing in several gnome apps [unstable]

Hi Micha,

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 17:30 +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I´ve upgraded my Powerbook a few hours ago to the latest sid packages.
>
> Since the upgrade I have problems with the gnome icons ...
>
> In evolution only a few icons are displayed.
> The gnome default icon with the red cross appears instead of the correct
> icon i.E. Send, Reply, Forward, etc.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem?
> What do you think is the package that causes the problem?
> does apt write a log of which packages have been upgraded?

Yes this is a known problem, look at bugs.debian.org for the following
reports:

#295777, #295815, #295847

> Why I write this to debian-powerpc:
> a) i have an powerbook :-)
> b) the problem didn´t show up on x86 (yet?)

right, this seems to be a ppc specific problem.

Workaround:

rm /usr/share/icons/*/icon-theme.cache

Some guys are working on the problem :)

bye,

	tim
--
Tim Weippert <weiti@topf-sicret.org>
GnuPG Fingerprint 63E3 AA72 B3BC D0AB 583E  0382 AEA0 A1F9 AFF9 DC52