Re: albook g4 + external hard drive

On Feb 10 2005, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> I about to buy an external hard drive (or an enclosure+hard drive),
> either USB or Firewire.

Firewire, no questions asked.

> If you have specific models which are working with your linux, I would
> appreciate if you shared that.  I am looking for a cable-powered one.

Mine is not a cable powered one, but I have an enclosure that is quite good
and works quite well with both Linux and MacOS X. The enclosure is an ADS
Tech Pyro Dual Link Drive Kit DLX185 (which means that it has *both* USB 2
and Firewire ports).

Works quite well, but mine, being "old", is not cable powered.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php