Re: USB Stick wireless

On 10 Feb 2005 at 14h02, r0sk wrote:

Hi,

> I had recently bought an iBook 12" 1.2Ghz, I suposse all of you known
> that Airport Extreme hasn't got support on Linux, so I was thinking on
> buy one usb wireless card but dunno which is fully supported to work
> on Debian. Any tips?. Thanks in advice.

DON'T buy a netgear MA111. It is noted as supported on the linux-wlan-ng
website, but the idiot marketdroids at Netgear changed the chipset in a
V2 revision, without changing the name. You'd get a little piece of shit
if you buy that stick new. I know of quite a few people already bitten
by that...

--
Colin