Re: bounty for fixing ALSA's powermac driver

Wouldn't it be a good idea to place a bounty to encourage Ubuntu PPC
developers to get around fixing snd-powermac for all Mac PPC chips?

Sorry but I failed to parse your message.

Are the Ubuntu people setting a bounty? Or you want us to set a bounty so that
Ubuntu people can fix the problem and get the money?

In the second case, what the fsck do the Ubuntu people have to do with
anything? Can we target that bounty to whoever fixes the problem, and not just
them?

Who cares who fixes it, jut get the patches into alsa and everyone is happy. We benefit from patches to the kernel from fedora, suse whatever.
heck, alsa pretty much has suse to thank for what it is today.

On the other hand, I am sorry I have not put any money to BenH's pool, but I
am in the process of buying a house and I am rather broke. Anyway, I would put
a bounty, I would give it to BenH and then I would think about a second bounty
for the sound problems.

On that note, ben has published his paypal account.

Ill send an email to everyone who pledged for the minimac to get them
to send their money. Id be happy to receive direct deposits from
australians and then send it on through my paypal account (if people
trust me).

As for the g5 project, we have a handfull or pledges but not even
close to enough to get an imac g5.

Dean