Re: Trouble installing debian on a 8500/120

Mandi! Holger Levsen
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > Hem, i've just tried sarge rc2, but as i've just stated, the floppy
> > image seems not bootable, and the documentation still speak about the

> Try the floppy-images from
> http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/floppy-2.4/ - the
> official floppy images are built without miboot (due to licence problems) and
> therefore are not bootable.

Yes! Manu thanks! The boot.img (stange, not ofonlyboot.img) boot fine,
now i've another trouble: these boot disks seems misses the SCSI
controller driver of my box, so no disk nor cdrom are recognized. ;(

But if i understood well the clive email:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/01/msg00641.html

i need a hfs bootable partition at least for emergency rescue, so i
think it is better to stop all these tests and i've asked a mac-expert
friend to give me a macos bootable cd.

Many thanks to all.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

			    Grazie, Polonia!
			http://thankpoland.info/