Re: AGP Support in PesasosII

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 12:08:10AM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> pegasosii has no true AGP? *shudder*

Well, you can use agp cards in it.

> and to think i was planning on buying on

Next version will have PCI express 16x, so this should make you happy. No ETA
yet though. But anyway, 3D graphics on powerpc is not all that useful at the
moment, what with no linux games building for powerpc. All the 3d stuff
available in debian works well (well, they play hell with mergedfb dual-head
mode, quake2 transformed my dual-head setup into cloned mode, dissapearing
without recourse all my windows on the other head). And AGP is probably not
really so much of a benefit anyway in these ages of multi-hundred MB of
onboard ram.

> how many people are using pegasos machines?

Many. I have no exact count, i know we gave out almost 200 machines to various
developers, mostly open source, but also others, and the installed base is
right now in the many thousands, all of them running linux except for the
morphos users.

Friendly,

Sen Luther