Re: Right, so compiling my own kernel has b0rked my iMac. (was Help compiling a kernel for iMac rev B)

Shyamal Prasad wrote:
    "Chris" == Chris Doherty <c_doherty@hotpop.com> writes:

You really are having all the luck....;-)

All of it bad, yah...

    Chris> /pci@80000000/mac-io@10/ide@20000/disk@0:4,/boot/initrd.img:No
    Chris> such file or directory (initrd.img.old if I try to boot the
    Chris> old kernel).
Is your root partition /dev/hda4 then?

I think so, but all I can remember at the moment is that there's an Apple boot partition and a swap partition ahead of the root. So maybe not.

Did the stock Debian kernel ever work?

Worked fine and dandy up until the reboot.

Could you post your /etc/yaboot.conf?

If I can rescue the box first, sure :-)

Alternatively boot with debian installer, switch to a shell, mount the
disk and examine it to see what went wrong. If you mount at

I think that's my best bet at this point. Will update you all as the evening progresses...

Chris

--
As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life - so I became a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
~ M. Cartmill