Re: mounting msdos flash cards

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 23:10 +0200, Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:08:04PM -0800, Adam Done wrote:
> > # mount -t msdos /dev/sda /mnt/x
> >
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
> >        missing codepage or other error
> >        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
> >        dmesg | tail  or so
>
> How about /dev/sda1?
>
> I have the following in fstab and it works fine for me:
> /dev/sda1 /usb1 vfat user,noauto 0 0

That worked perfectly.  Now I noticed that depending on what is pluged
in first and or at start up such as a firewire drive or the compact
flash card, the first one probed gets sda.  So in my fstab file I set
things for sda or sde which is listed in dmesg but it changes.  How can
I set it so the proper dev file to match the fstab?

-adam