Re: Xserve G5 disks

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 14:53 -0500, John Koskie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.   Anyways, for now I am
> successul net-booting with the disks removed, so solving the disk issue
> is not pressing.
>
> To answer your question, the Xserve is rather loud.  It seems like there
> is some minimal fan control, but much less than when running under OSX.

I have a patch for fan control on the Xserve, not merged yet tho. I'll
dig it out this week hopefully.

Regarding the disk issue, I'm actually very interested in it. Can you
test if it works any better with a more recent kernel, like a 2.6.10 ?

I have an XServe G5 around, I don't remember having such a problem with
the exact same disk model, but then, I didn't do an install on it yet as
I wanted to backup some of the OSX stuff on it first. I'll have a look
again soon.

Ben.