Re: Last ditch on PlanB driver

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Sean Jewett wrote:

> Here's a dumb question... what is videodev ?  It could be that I have it
> compiled in monolithic, I tend to stay away from modules if I know it's
> something I'm going to need loaded in one way or the other (for
> troubleshooting I did do planb as a module for ease of hacking purposes).

Here's a snippet from my current kernel .config:

#
# Multimedia devices
#
# CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV is not set

video_dev seems to activate the v4l API in the kernel, which then gives
you access to mutlimedia input devices.  IIRC - I think you do need to
specify this option to get access to the planb device, as well as other
video input hardware...

cheers
vinai