Re: G5 blade center under debian

Am 15.01.2005 um 00:42 schrieb Anton Blanchard:

Hi,

I've just updated the installer image to have no POWER4+ optimization,
but the language chooser seems to be broken. I've no idea why.

Nice, it gets a lot further on POWER3 now :) It stops right here:

time_init: decrementer frequency = 93.748235 MHz
time_init: processor frequency   = 375.000000 MHz

I wonder if serial and serial console is disabled in this kernel...

It worked on 2.6.9 which was the last one I tested with serial
connections. Will check 2.6.10...

It also stops at the same point on a JS20 blade:

time_init: decrementer frequency = 199.839239 MHz
time_init: processor frequency   = 1600.000000 MHz

Is hvc console disabled too? :)

I can't test, but IBM tried the installer on all pSeries machines
they had in access for testing and the installer worked for them
with HMC (is this identical to hvc? Anything special needed
here?) and direct console. I'm not 100% sure if we need to
disable the pSeries support for your hardware.

Can you send me a working kernel configuration for your
hardware? I can compare and check if there needs to be
another kernel flavor...

Cheers,
Cajus