Re: Sleep patch: inclusion?

Il giorno ven, 14-01-2005 alle 09:43 +0100, Colin Leroy ha scritto:
> Hi Ben,
>
> First, happy new year :) I hope your holidays were fine.
>
> Do you still plan on including the sleep patch in 2.6.11?
>
> I came across a problem, but it is quite hard to trace and reproduce,
> because it only happened twice (in a few dozens sleep/resumes): the
> keyboard wouldn't respond after a resume. I'm not sure, either, that
> it's due to the kernel, because Command and F10 keys still perform right
> and middle click as per mouseemu's configuration, so it may be a problem
> with mouseemu.

Well, I own an ibook G4 where I just installed sid. I recompiled 2.6.9
with the sleep patch #7: it does the work, but I've run into some
problems that seem to be common:
1) The alsa system has some glitches
2) Sleep does not if either dri or usb are used
3) Random instabilities if I put the machine to sleep frequently (say
once every 10 mins).

I'm sorry not being more precise, but I am under pressure at work and do
not have time to trace the bug #3 with properly.

Hope these glitches will be over once the patch does it into the
official kernel.

BTW, thanks for the great work you are doing, Ben

Giuseppe
--
Giuseppe Lavagetto <lavaget at fisica.unipa.it>
Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche ed Astronomiche - Università di Palermo