Re: Debian on a Dual G5?

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Sven> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 07:34:54PM -0800, Shyamal Prasad
    Sven> wrote:
    >>
    >> If you have a newer machine (a PowerMac7,3 with the 970FX G5
    >> processor) it should work with tomorrow's (or perhaps Jan 15)
    >> debian installer daily build. Support was added in December
    >>
    >> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/12/msg00806.html
    >>
    >> This kind of machine reports its CPU Type in "About This Mac"
    >> as a PowerPC G5 (3.0).

    Sven> Indeed, but the modules .udebs corresponding to said kernel
    Sven> are not yet in sarge, which could cause some problems.

I suspected they would move in the next day or so since the latest
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 (and the corresponding kernels) finally got
into sarge tonight.

Or am I not reading the "Why is package X not in testing yet?"
pages.....? I was hoping to get a clean d-i installation this weekend :-)

Cheers!
Shyamal