Re: [patch] Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 09:48:04AM -0800, shyamal wrote:

>     "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
>     Sven> Can you try booting the standalone kernel at :
>     >>
>     Sven> http://people.debian.org/~luther/power4-newerg5-test-kernel
>     >>
>     >>  It passes the earlier blocking step, and looks good all the
>     >> way to finding a root fs.
>
>     Sven> Cool, thanks for testing.
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> I see kernel-source-2.6.8 in sid at 2.6.8-11 with your patches
> (including thermal fixes for PowerMac7,3 it seems, yipee, thanks!).

It should be in,which means tomorrows d-i daily built should use it.

> I'm trying to figure out when a rebuilt power4 kernel will make it
> into sid and also into the debian-installer daily builds. I can't
> figure out how that happens, or when it will happen. Any clues you can
> give me?

I uploaded yesterday after the dinstall run, the next run was a few hours ago,
and the packages (both the .deb and the .udebs used by  d-i) should be in the
archive now. The d-i daily built are quicked each day at around 9 european
time, so it will be for next year. I have 256kb upload though, so they should
make it to the web site quicker than they used to.

> Happy new year!

To you too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther