Re: Permission for 'dev/pmu'

> > Do we already have a bug against udev to have the above line per default, or
> > otherwise finally fix this issue ?
>
> There were some objections to it the last time it was mentioned. I

Yep. Allowing arbitrary users to talk to the PMU directly is a Bad Thing
(TM). Upstream (Gnome) needs to get a clue. Battery status can be read
from /proc/apm or /proc/pmu/ for instance. Sending sleep requests can be
implemented via other means.

> Just for completeness, I'll note that the PMU has very little to do
> with sound or video as implied in previous posts. It's best for

Right. Fixing PMU permissions won't help with sound (unless Gnome is
broken beyond repair).

	Michael