Re: [patch] Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Sven> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:05:19AM -0800, Shyamal Prasad
    Sven> wrote:

    >> Sorry to bother you again. It seems that the last d-i powerpc
    >> daily build was on Dec 31. Any idea what is sticking?

    Sven> Because debiandoc-sgml was breaking my daily-build
    Sven> script. Fixed now, and just did an upload earlier. tomorrow
    Sven> everything should be back to normal.

Heh...cdimage.debian.org died (power supply failure) while I was
donwloading. I finally got the Jan 4 build today after the system was
repaired: it seems to work fine (I did not complete the install;
vacation is over, my real job is back, time is short :-)

The machine is running from my previous hacked install, but I really
want to try out the new installer. I'll certainly submit an
installation report when I'm done.

Thanks for getting this fixed so quickly!

<babble> I have purchased 5 pre built computers in the last 12 years,
with the last one being this Apple G5 (all others were x86). Each and
everyone of them required some hacking to get Linux to boot, four out
of the five required me to patch the kernel just to boot them, the
other one had it's IDE channel at an odd address. I've installed Linux
for many other people, and at work and it's always been painless in
those cases! Just my own machines are never easy....I must be
jinxed......;-) </babble>

Cheers!
Shyamal