Re: CPU Frequency Scaling

According to Diego Bellavia, on Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:45:47 +0100,
>Hi,
>
>Last year, I  set up a Sarge on my Ibook G3, with 2.4.21 ben kernel and
>everything works perfectly.
>Now I would like to configure the CPU frequency scaling to boost the
>battery. Reading the Howtos
>around this argument seems essential to have a 2.6 kernel.
>For now is not clear what would be the best choice for me, yet:
>1) To compile a benh kernel
>2) To use a precompiled kernel-image.
>
>In first case what would be your advices ? On my machine (Ibook G3)
>what would be the best 2.6 benh kernel series to use ?
>and...would anyone so kind to send me his/her .config to speed the
>compiling phase ? (I would like to use also the bluetooth through a
>D-Link USB key)
>In second case, an apt-cache search reported me a 2.6.8 kernel-image
>for power3...it is the right version for my Ibook ? Anyone did use it
>and could
>advice me about eventually present pitfalls ?

On ibook G3, you need to use kernel-image 2.6.8-powerpc. Of the shelf packages works
perfectly well. You don't need benh kernel any longer.

I use cpufreqd, I don't know if it is the best but it does the job quite
well. I attached my gzipped config file.

As for Bluetooth, I have no idea. Sorry.

--
Cedric