Re: Buildd queue info [was: Re: please recompile latest cernlib]

> It also appears that the buildd system thinks cernlib is still building
> on voltaire: http://buildd.debian.org/stats/?arch=powerpc&state=Building
> even though the build failed several days ago:
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=cernlib&ver=2004.11.04-1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1101929448&file=log&as=raw

The build daemon on voltaire will send out the log file containing the
error (or success) message to the admin and to logs@buildd at the same
time. The admin might decide to not respond immediately to the log
(because manually retrying the build, or analyzing the remains of the
build, or forgetting, ...). In this case, the end of the log has the
typical appearance of a build being aborted by removal of the build tree
from under a running buildd - except for one small difference:

g77 fmsreq.F
make[5]: *** [archive/fmtags.o] Illegal instruction

Might be bad memory ...

Anyway, logs of that sort can usually be safely ignored because they
are just a symptom of a new upload happening in the meantime.
I'd say it needs to be requeued - unless cernlib-2004.11.04 wasn't the
latest after all.

Now I'm pretty sure I don't have access to the powerpc database anymore
since the big reorganization a year ago. Ask Ryan or James who's allowed
to access the ppc buildd account, and ask that person to requeue cernlib.

	Michael