Re: Some problems in the daily use of a Debian System

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

Il giorno mer, 01-12-2004 alle 19:37 +0100, Pablo Gil ha scritto:

2.6.8. I've been told that this a really bad kernel for cd writing as
well. Is it true?

I tried many times, but I never managed to burn a data cd using 2.6.8,
while I made once a audio CD and it worked.

Bye,
Giuseppe

Using xcdroast (and native ATAPI) it's been necessary to run xcdroast as root since 2.6.8(?) Have just finished a large backup and no problems burning CDs or data DVDs here...

ciao
  Mark