Re: Some problems in the daily use of a Debian System

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:04:58 -0800, Dylan Beaudette <dylan@iici.no-ip.org> wrote:
> as for the trackpad try this as root;
>
> #trackpad notap
>
> I put this in a init.d script that is run at boot time...

For those using pbbuttonsd, it can easily set notap using a line in
/etc/pbbuttonsd.conf  -- the Debian packaged config file has it under
a section called [MODULE PMAC]:

TPMode              = notap

This makes the trackpad operate much more like most of us are used to.

Regarding the trackpad being too sensitive, I was able to make my
trackpad mostly usable using the mouse settings in KDE.

I couldn't tell what desktop environment the original two posters in
this thread are using, but maybe someone can point to a setting or a
utility in KDE or GNOME that is more appropriate to the needs of a
trackpad user (instead of a mouse user).

For me using KDE, I find there are only "least bad" settings for my
trackpad rather than being able to set ideal ones.