[Solved] airport and encryption

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 11:23, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Adam Done wrote:
>

> > I got connected to the base station and can ping my LAN but I can't ping
> > anything on the Internet yet.  The /etc/resolv.conf file has the proper
> > DNS addresses and with eth0 active I can connect to the Internet.  Route
> > is properly configured but the DNS resolving is not working nor pinging
> > an Internet IP address directly.
> >

> if you know a host which will respond to pings and it doesn't respond
> when you use it's address, that sounds like a routing problem.  And if
> routing doesn't work, it can't reach any nameservers.
>
>  I'm not familiar with the kit you're using, is eth0 a wired connection
> ?  If it is, you might also want to check the contents of resolv.conf
> when you're using wireless.
>
> Ken

I think your right about the routing not working but that is my
puzelment too.  I switched my eth1 (running airport) to dhcp (a server
on the lan) and I aquire an IP and the proper routing table and I then
can connect to the internet.

OK, Now after typing out a detailed report of my new work, both static
and dhcp are now working.  For some reason once I got the dhcp to work
and then switch to the static, it all works and all is well for wi-fi
and I can ping the internet and my lan.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this project and the understand of
wireless.

-Adam