G5 XServe

Hello. I've been trying to get debian Sarge to install on a G5 XServe with little success. I've looked around, and it seems like there are no messages regarding this subject on this list, and no documentation that seems to indicate it shouldn't work, or how to get it to work.

I downloaded the latest netinst daily build for sarge from http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current/ sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso, and it boots from the cd fine. However, after I type "install-power4", or "expert-power4" it goes to an open firmware screen and gives the following output:

... ok
Copying OF device tree...done
Initializing fake screen: VTXP
Calling quiesce
Returning 0x01400000 from prom_init

Then it freezes. Does debian install on the G5 XServe? Do I need to do special things to make it work?

Jonas Meyer