Re: Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz CPU temperature

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 the mental interface of
Sam Zoghaib told:

> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:55:33PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > > However, with these settings, the fan is almost all the time at speed 128.
> > > If I don't do anything, the temperature is around 48°C.
> >
> > So why is your fan running at this temperature? The fan starts
> > definitly at 50°C at the default setting.
>
> Because I usually do not let my laptop sitting idle. :-)
> When I'm actually using it, it goes up to 50 quite easily.
>
> > Have a look at
> > "modinfo therm_adt76x" to manipulate the default.
> >

> In fact, I compiled it in the kernel. Is there still a way to manipulate the
> values ? I haven't found anything about that.

$ modinfo therm_adt746x
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.8-aragorn/kernel/drivers/macintosh/therm_adt746x.ko
parm:           fan_speed:Specify fan speed (0-255) when lim < temp < lim+8 (default 128)
parm:           limit_adjust:Adjust maximum temperatures (50°C cpu, 70°C gpu) by N °C.
license:        GPL
author:         Colin Leroy <colin@colino.net>

Compile it as a module and you can load the module  with the the params fan_speed
and limit_adjust e.g in /etc/modules ;-) The solution to adjust the
gpu temp linear to the cpu temp isn't a good one yet. We have to
control them separate. Maybe Ben is reading this an can tell some
details?

Ciao

Elimar

--