Re: 802.11g on an ibook?

* Once upon a time Michael Rex wrote:
> Ok, I think I'll look for a DWL-122.

If you intend to use it only with linux it' s really a good card.
At least for what i have seen.

Beware that unfortunately panther is quite poor in support.

> I have successfully compiled linux-wlan-ng for 2.6.5-rc3-ben0.
> It told me that 2.6-support is still experimental

I used the dwl-122 with 2.6.x kernels and linux-wlan-ng driver
for a while.
Everything was fine except with a 2.6.5-rc3-ben0
kernel patched for pmdisk.

It worked right without the pmdisk patch.

As soon as i get my ibook back i'll try the card with a more
recent kernel/patch.

:wq
                                         - Dave Olson -