Re: Touching vmlinux.coff, was Re: Current benh-kernel fails to boot (after clock) on iBook G4

Hello Sven,
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:22:42PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I reported this as bug #247850, so if you are in the position to help
>
> Against which package ?

Against kernel-package, as this contains the make-kpkg I used (as
recommend by the ibook guides out there).

> Ah, i believe those .coff files are used on some older pmacs to boot
> directly from the OpenFirmware, without using yaboot or a similar boot
> loader. I believe that the problem should have been fixed in the debian
> powerpc patch, not sure though.

This would explain why a "pristine" kernel is affected while Debian
provided are not.

Greetings

          Helge

P.S. Since there are many subtle details when setting this machine up
     properly, I am still on my way, but I try to figure out bugs if I can
     and report them so future people will have even less trouble.
     Unfortuntely providing patches on this architecture is too early
     for me :-((
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@zibal.itp.uni-hannover.de