Re: Airport Monitor Mode Patches

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:21:51AM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Paul Mullen writes:
>
> > What's the current status of the monitor-mode patches for the
> > Airport (older 802.11b-only cards) kernel module? Six months ago I
> > was able to apply a patch posted in July '03 by Jens Schmalzing to
> > the 2.4.23-benh tree, but with partial success.
>
> That very patch is contained in the kernel-patch-powerpc packages
> since version 2.6.

> > The resulting kernel compiled fine and monitor mode worked, but my
> > system would only run for a brief period of time before
> > 'ksoftirqd_CPU0' ran out of control, consuming 99% of processor
> > time.

I experience the same problem, just after entering:
iwpriv eth1 monitor 2 2 (for example), if set mode 2 for say, channel 3, too
my machine gets VERY VERY slow. I Had to hard-reboot because it took
to much time to write lines on the framebuffer :)

I was using kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6. It is the first time I got
monitoring working. I want to work towards scanning support, is there a
2.6.6 patch for that too, I'm getting tired of manually entering
ESSID and keys all day since I encouter 2 or 3 different networks a day.

Thanks,

Paul
--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net