Re: Minimalist G3 setup

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 11:04, Simon Vallet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 3 May 2004 23:56:58 +0100
>
> Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > * Booting off the hard disk - what should my settings be? At the
> > moment I am booting off a modified floppy but that is hardly
> > satisfactory (not least because I am booting off a 2.2 kernel)
> >
> > I'd like to know what OF settings toi use etc...
>
> Try searching the archives for "quik", there have been numerous messages
> about beigeG3s in the past.
> Also: http://penguinppc.org/projects/quik/

I have! But the problem is that the postings seem to fall into one of three
categories:

a) Use BootX (not an option for me, I have no MacOS on my box at all);
b) It "oughta" work (but not clear it does);
c) It works on something which is not a G3 (even earlier)

So is there anybody reading this who boots their beige G3 box using quik?

Thanks

Adrian