Minimalist G3 setup

I have an absolutely mimalist beige G3 and wonder if someone might help me
with the following? (I have no Mac OS at all)

* Booting off the hard disk - what should my settings be? At the moment I am
booting off a modified floppy but that is hardly satisfactory (not least
because I am booting off a 2.2 kernel)

I'd like to know what OF settings toi use etc...

* Assuming I cannot fix the above - how can I fix the sound? I have no sound
at all at the moment. What modules do I need to load to get sound?

Adrian