Re: config.opts in pcmcia-cs on powerpc machines

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:04 +0200, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> i have a serial modem card here which needs a wider port/memory range.
> if you integrate all 4 configuration examples, then that card is
> recognized.

Hmm... weird. I don't know if I should ship that as the default
though, I don't know what the consequences are.

[...]
> at the moment, i am not in the mood to check everything daintily, since
> the results do not seem to be reliable, anyway. i would not
> wonder if my WLAN and memory card will work again tomorrow.
> the configuration given in the PCMCIA-HOWTO seems to be the one
> generating no errors like "IN from bad port" or "__ioremap... is RAM
> ...". so it seems to be good base for more experiments.

These are all a lot of problems. As I said, I don't have any powerpc
hardware myself and I don't know much about it. That said, feel free
to submit bug reports about your problems. Even if I can't solve them,
perhaps someone else can. And in any case, it's good to have them
documented. Of course, if your hardware is broken and it doesn't even
work in OSX, that is hardly a problem in the pcmcia-cs package.

--
Pelle