debian-installer on a G5 Part II

I downloaded a daily build from 4/13 (the netinst
iso), burned it to CD.

The good news is the kernel works.  I am able to get
into the install phase.  I did get a warning about
modules being unavailable (ide-scsi and usb-storage).
This bothered me somewhat because I thought the drive
in the G5 used ide-scsi. But the error message said
these might load later, so I pressed on.

After sub-partitioning the partition I left for
debian, I got an error message about No NewWorld boot
partition was found even though partition 2 was set up
as one.  A drop into the shell to manually run
mac-fdisk on /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
confirms that part 2 is Apple_Bootstrap.

I continued on without incident until I got to the
install yaboot step.  I got an error that the creation
of the main yaboot configuration file failed.
Dropping into the shell again, 'yabootconfig --chroot
/target' returned the error message '/dev/sda4 no such
file or directory'

My guess is that the problem is that the drive is
mounted as /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
instead of /dev/sda and that this is due to not
finding the ide-scsi module.  Can someone confirm or
deny this?  Any other help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.