Re: Window Manager

On Apr 16, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Quentin Decavel wrote:
Hi again,

<snip>

When I open a new window, it goes to the upper left side of the screen, and I never have the possibility to resize it or move it with the mouse. I suppose my window manager is not set up (at all ?), but how to do it ? I searched in the Gnome configuration center, but I didn't find...

Thanks in advance.

Quentin

I do think as well that the described problem is related to a not-defined wm. First of all, be sure to have metacity or sawfish installed. Any of them should be just fine. Start your Gnome-session as always, and open as the first window a terminal. run "update-alternatives --config x-window-manager" and change your window manager to sawfish or metacity. close the terminal, log out and be sure to have the "save session" checkbox checked.
when you re-login everything should be working again.

--
Bob Hentges - http://bob.hentges.lu/
Luxembourg - Europe