Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

ps. you meant 1984-01-01 not 1904-01-01 right?

No, it was 1904.

This is indicative of a reset of the power manager chip, which will produce this symptom 100% of the time. This can be artifically induced, but I believe to do this you have to hold shift-ctl-alt-power when the machine is off then release them (on recent models). This should *not* happen without this happening as this is battery backed. You may have a hw failure, I would certainly be very interested if this could be activated in software as it is controled by open firmware.

James