Problems with preempt after one week uptime

I'm using a kernel with enabled preempt since Benjamin included the
fixes in some 2.6.5-rc-mm kernel. I had no problem at all until
today. I'm using the following kernel:

,----
| Linux qittatun 2.6.5 #1 Sun Apr 4 14:10:31 CEST 2004 ppc GNU/Linux
| 19:47:58 up 7 days,  4:08,  6 users,  load average: 0.76, 0.51, 0.35
`----

It's running on a 700 MHz G3 iBook. Even with this kernel I didn't
have any problems at all the first seven days. But a few hours ago
the same old sound problems (it sounds like broken MP3s, but these
files are surely clean) I had with 2.6.4 and before when I enabled
preempt came back. A few minutes ago XMMS even crashed
completely. Until now no other applications had a segfault, but this
might change soon.

Any there still any known issues with 2.6.5 and preempt (which are
perhaps fixed in a -mc4)? How can I help testing the kernel as long
as I have these problems and before I reboot the system with a
preempt disabled kernel again?

Sebastian