Re: 2.6.4 kernel

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> And what about the apply/unapply patches ? I only cited the patch, but
> the same problem happens with the rest of the patch stuff.

With dh_installkpatches, you get apply and unapply scripts in the
directories /usr/src/kernel-patches/{apply,unapply}.  Which is not
nice if you want to create separate packages (such as
kernel-patch-powerpc-<version>) providing the same patch, so one can
always run `make-kpkg --added-patches powerpc'.  However, make-kpkg is
capable of finding apply and unapply scripts in subdirectories, such
as /usr/src/kernel-patches/<version>/{apply,unapply}.  Then you get to
write the scripts yourself, but kernel-patch-debian already does it
this way and could be used for templates.

> Did we not decide you would co-maintain the powerpc kernels ?

Duh, I completely forgot about this.  Probably because you did such a
good job of it.  But I would be happy to rewrite the scripts for
2.6.4, if you just send me the config files and the patch.

> Still, the fact that you need to unpack the kernel again and configure
> it is no nice, so the solution i propose would have been nicer.

I do recommend tmpfs for things like that, it makes creating the
half-dozen kernel-trees so much easier and faster.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!