Re: 2.4.25-1 debian kernel available based on -ben1 tree, G5 tester wanted.

El mié, 03-03-2004 a las 09:20, Sven Luther escribió:
> Hello,

Hi

> I have just uploaded the 2.5.25-1 kernel, and as it is NEW, made it
> available at :
>

>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.25-1

As a comment, I prefer a heavy modular kernel (like the x86 .deb ones)
but I'm not able to compile such kernel so I know it's not as easy to do
like x86 kernels.

I'm just using your packages now instead of my own compiled kernel with
an iMac TFT 15" and it seems to be working with only one problem, you
have compiled the lpt port and the imac does not have such port, the
problem is that sometims it hangs the machine when discover or cups
tries to load the parport_pc module :-(

I had the same problem with my tibook G4 550MHz with other kernels
compiled by hand.

> Friendly,

Thank you for your work.

Cheers.