Re: Sound output problem

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 04:00:52PM +0100, Pablo Gil wrote:
> What I've found now is that if I try to open
> the volume control in the Gnome menu an error message pops out. It says
> that there is no mixer...

Try using the OSS emulation that ALSA provides, not all players support
ALSA natively yet. I use OSS emulation with xmms for example.
For OSS emulation you need to load the modules snd-mixer-oss  and
snd-pcm-oss and end up like this:

achernar ~ (1) $ lsmod|grep snd
snd_powermac           37488  0
snd_pcm_oss            62920  0
snd_mixer_oss          20544  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm               105752  2 snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc         10664  1 snd_pcm
snd_timer              24708  1 snd_pcm
snd                    56856  5
snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               8612  1 snd

Johannes
--
 3. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.