Re: umlauts once again :)

According to Nicolas Juge, on Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:32:34 -0500,
>Hello,
>Le December 25, 2004 06:38 pm, peter plessas a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> i know this has been dealt with before, but i didn't find any real
>> answers in the list's archive:
>>
>> I have an US keyboard, how can i type umlauts such as: "ü ö ä"?
>>
>> (except for using kde's kcharselect applet (which means clicking on the
>> desired letter and pasting it to where it's needed?)

Personnally, I've made my own  /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ file, in order to have direct access
to the tilde and double-quote, and to put the dead-tilde and dead-umlauts on alt+tilde and
alt+double quote. idem for grave, circumflex and acute accent.

That's really convenient.

--
Cedric Pradalier