Magic for sid changeroot required on ppc?

Hello,
I want to set up a sid changeroot on my ibook. I use the command
provided in the manual page of debootstrap:

env LANG=C debootstrap sid /scr/build/chroot-sid/ http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/

It downloads and installs some debs, but always dies with

Preparing to replace libreadline4 4.3-15 (using .../libreadline4_4.3-15_powerpc.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libreadline4 ...
 /var/cache/apt/archives/bash_3.0-10_powerpc.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/e2fsprogs_1.35-8_powerpc.deb
W: Failure while unpacking required packages.  This will be attempted up to five times.
umount: /scr/build/chroot-sid/dev/pts: not found
umount: /scr/build/chroot-sid/dev/shm: not found
umount: /scr/build/chroot-sid/proc/bus/usb: not mounted

The same happens if I try to create a woody changeroot. Is there some additional
magic required on ppc? Or is there another way to quickly set up a
changeroot?

Thanks

       Helge

P.S. I reported this a bug #285188 but did not yet got a reply.
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
                       gpg signed mail preferred