Re: USB wireless 802.11g dongle

On Dec 7, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Chris Howells wrote:

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 19:36, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
They supply a Linux driver that has to be compiled, so I think there would
be no problem using it on PPC.

Unless it has been tested on PPC you can't assume this. Endianness may be an issue if the driver was developed on x86 or another little endian system
unlike your Mac which is big endian.

Unfortunately it turns out that the driver will not compile
against the Yellowdog 4.0 (2.6.8-1.ydl.7) ppc kernel.  I'm
no expert but in addition to probable endian problems, the
main issue appears to be x86 assumptions and asm usage.

The driver _is_ under the GPL (v2), though.  Hopefully that
means someone smarter and more experienced than I will be able
to put in the time to port the driver to PPC.

-dean takemori